VIDEO – THE INTERNSHIP SEARCH
1. FILL IN THE GAPS WITH ONE WORD OR NUMBER, ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU HEAR ON THE VIDEO.
The internship market is not easy these days. It is very ________.
______________ million students will graduate every year.
Internships are down by more than __________ %.
__________________ is the American word for CV.
2. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING TIPS DID THE COACH GIVE?
Recalibrate your skill set.
Don’t focus on a specific area.
Do research on the competitors of the company.
Talk about personal details such as hobbies to make a good impression on the interviewer.
Get to know about the company and the market as much as possible.
3. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SECTORS IS EXTREMELY TOUGH TO LAND AN INTERNSHIP THESE DAYS?
4. WHAT DID THE COACH MEAN WHEN SHE GAVE THE TIP ON THE INTERVIEW? MORE THAN ONE ANSWER IS POSSIBLE.
Most of the candidates focus on their own achievements rather than those of the company.
Most of the candidates do not do a complete research on the company and its competitors.
Most of the candidates are too much focused on first-time impressions.
Most of the candidates are not ready for an interview.
5. ACCORDING TO THE COACH, WHICH ONE THE FOLLOWING IS A CLASSICAL MISTAKE OF CANDIDATES THESE DAYS?
Restricting their search for internships on one area only.
Not being able to discuss current affairs fluently.
Not being able to choose the area they’d like to land a job in.
6. WHAT DID THE COACH MEAN BY
‘RECALIBRATE YOUR SKILL SET’?
• Broaden your skills by taking extra courses.
• Find other areas to offer your skills.
• Impress the interviewer with your skills.